FrontMotion Login Source Code
FrontMotion Login Source Code is the most feature complete MSGINA replacement in the market. It is a full replacement unlike most GINA implementations which are just based on the 'stubs' example. It fully implements all the standard functionality of MSGINA as documented on MSDN and uses the same registry keys so you don't have to reinvent existing management tools. Additionally, FrontMotion Login contains most Windows XP specific functionality including the Password Reset Wizard. All OS specific operations are detected during runtime resulting in a single DLL that is able to function under Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 2000 Server, Windows XP, and Windows 2003 Server. With minor changes (mostly related to directory services), it also works under Windows NT 4.0. Our source code is tried and tested across tens of thousands of desktops to ensure security and stability. There are also built-in Domain functionality making it suitable for the Active Directory environment. Unlike other GINA replacements, Fast User Switching is fully implemented and Terminal Services is also supported.
FrontMotion Login comes with a Control Panel applet that exposes common Windows securities settings and FrontMotion Login specific settings. Most settings can also be controlled via active Directory's Group Policy.
* Source code does not include authentication or subauthentication packages. The Flash frontend is not included, only the dialog interface is. Please contact us if you need the flash functionality.
- Correctly sets many environment variables
- Classic user interface using dialog boxes
- Uses the LSA API for authentication.
- Visual Style support under Windows XP.
- Plenty of debugging traces and statements that can be enabled even with a release build.
- Does not require Windows Checked builds.
- Fast User Switching support.
- Terminal Services support.
- Fully implements the following functions.
- Windows XP Professional, Home
- Windows 2003 Server (all editions including Terminal Services except Data Center)
- Windows 2000 Professional
- Windows 2000 Server (including Terminal Services)
- Windows NT support requires some source code change and requires Windows NT w/SP6, IE 4.01, and Directory Service.
* x64/AMD64/EM64T system support is currently being tested.
- Visual Studio 6 or higher
- Platform SDK
- Windows Template Library (WTL)
Pricing and licensing
We want your idea to be successful! Whether you are a large corporation or an independent developer, we offer pricing that scales with your business so you can lower your initial investment cost and achieve faster time to market. Our source code license allows you to create and distribute your own integrated product and allows for your own licensing method such as per unit, site-wide or a combination of both. Support on the source code is provided separately.
Basically our licensing is a royalty license that is renewed annually and pricing level is determined by the numbers of units you ship or the product's revenue. So you can start your project at the Class A level which is only $500, and if your product ship more than 100 units anytime during the year, you can simply pay for the difference to the next class level for that year. This way you just pay as you go instead of having to budget for the entire year ahead of time. Then the next year you start at the new class level and we hope that your product can be even more successful.
Annual Subscription Fee Schedule
|Less than 100 Units per year or less than $ 100,000 project Revenues||
|Less than 500 Units per year or less than $ 500,000 project Revenues||
|Less than 2,000 Units per year or less than $2 million project Revenues||
|Less than 5,000 Units per year or less than $5 million project Revenues||
|Less than 15,000 Units per year or less than $15 million project Revenues||
|Unlimited Units or unlimited project Revenues|
* A license is required for each product you develop. So if you have two lines of product or two different editions, you will need two licenses.
For detailed information, see the Source Code License
|Class||Cost per year|
|Purchase||Class A||$500 USD|
|Purchase||Class B||$1000 USD|
You can also contact us for clarification on licensing and pricing.